Opening Night... Yikes!




One of the artists I mentor emailed recently and asked...

I’ve got 2 pieces I’m hanging at this exhibit opening tomorrow night - got to admit I’ve got butterflies.  Any advice or mantras you’ve got are appreciated!



Here was my reply...

Yes!

Be proud of your work. Stand beside it and introduce yourself. "Hi, my name is... This is my work. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.”

Expect to meet nice and interesting people. Remember that people are intimidated by art. You are there to make them feel at ease.

Remember that showing your work is meant to lead to something… sales, another exhibit, contacts, commissions, representation…

Go in search of something good happening, and something will!





Click above to see Quantum Revival in action.  

Comments