Lots to be grateful for!

It's been awhile since I've posted.  Truth be known, I've been hibernating in my studio for the last 4 months, developing new work, delivering it to my galleries, planning upcoming retreats and workshops, writing grants, having curators and artist friends visit.  Alas, spring is here and I am grateful for many good things that are happening...

Most recently I was awarded a Maine Arts Commission Artist Visibility Grant that will provide me with funds to create professional exhibition proposal packets for gallery and museum exhibits of a new body of work I'm developing.  Here's a sneak peak two of my newest pieces.  Both are on view at the an exhibit titled The Wandering Mind at the Sharon Arts Center in Peterborough, NH.


Dharana, encaustic/mixed media, 12x12

Dhyana, encaustic/mixed media, 12x12

Corey Daniels was among those one who paid me a studio visit this spring and I'm pleased to now be represented by his gallery.  The Corey Daniels Gallery in Wells, Maine now has 13 of my large sculptures and encaustic works.  Corey's aesthetic is top notch as is his gallery.  If you haven't visited yet, go.  

    Carapace, encaustic, plywood, lead, H26” W42” D15” at Corey Daniels Gallery

Last month, I received the Portsmouth Press Herald's Spotlight Award for Best Sculpture.  This event recognizes local creatives from all disciplines for their contribution to arts in the Seacoast.  The award ceremony at the Portsmouth Music Hall was lively and entertaining and I was honored to be recognized by my own community.  Thanks Seacoast!  


Like I said, I've been creating new work and delivering to the galleries that represent me.  Here's one of nine new works on view at Arden Gallery in Boston.  


Sinuous Red, encaustic, 36x12

Here's one of four new works that went to McGowan Gallery in Concord, NH.  

Spring Spatter III, encaustic, 24x12 at McGowan Gallery 

Here's one of six new works included in an upcoming exhibit, Waxed at Bowersock Gallery in Provincetown running May 24th through June 6th.  

Relish, encaustic, 24x12 at Bowersock Gallery

As a result of my relationship with Steve Bowersock, who also has a gallery in Mount Dora, Florida I was invited to be a juror for a national exhibit called BIG BAD WAX at the Mount Dora Center for the Arts.  For those of you who might want to submit your work the deadline is November 1st.  Click here for the Call for Entries.    

Traces of Motion, encaustic, 24x24 at Bowersock Gallery

On the horizon... I have two Maine Coast Encaustic Workshop Retreats coming up.  Session 1, August 25-31, has 5 spots available and Session 2, September 15-21, has 3 spots available.  

Click here for more info

I'm also teaching a Creative and Professional Development Retreat on Star Island off the coast of Portsmouth, NH coming up on September 2-4.  There are 4 spots available.   

Click here for more info  

Last but not least, I'm really excited to have be exhibiting in Cusco, Peru along with my fellow Boston Sculptors in February, 2014.  It's been a longtime dream to visit Machu Picchu and I'm so excited to have the change to finally go!

Machu Picchu








Comments